Organizing, Sorting, and Customizing your Zazzle Store
Store Category Sorting and Browsing is a powerful feature that makes Zazzle stores easier to navigate for customers, and easier to merchandise and promote for Designers. How does it do that?
- What Can a Store Owner Do?
- How to Set Up a New Category with Custom Icon
- How to Sort Products within a Category
- Custom Drag and Drop Sorting
- Setting the Sort Order for the Store
- Default Store Product Sort Order
- On Site Links & Resources
What Can a Store Owner Do?
- Store Owners can set the display order of all categories and products within their store.
- Store Owners can upload icon images to represent any category in their store, or use a default image generated by Zazzle.
- Stores can be set to display a scrollable list of categories, or a fully expanded list of categories.
- Give Customers the ability to sort products in a store by Newest, Popular, Alphabetical, and Reverse Alphabetical, Views, Comments and Likes.
With Store Category Sorting and Browsing, the Store Owner can brand each Category with a unique icon that represents the content within that category. For example, it is now possible for a store to contain a grid of category icons like this:
Clicking on any one of those icons would take you to that category within that store. It's important to note that although categories are similar to folders on a computer, they behave slightly differently in that each category displays all products contained within it AS WELL AS all products within each sub-category. For example, a category called "Animals" may have sub-categories named "Cats" and "Dogs". When you view the "Animals" category, all cat and dog products will be shown, as well as any products in the "Animals" category itself, but when you view the "Cats" category, only cat products will show.
How to Set Up a New Category with Custom Icon
Go to your Public Products page and click on "Add new category" on the left side of the page.
A dialog appears where you can enter the Category name, description, and assign an icon.
Click on the "Change" link under the folder icon to use an icon you created (Square, 158 x 158 pixel images work best. The final image will automatically be squared.) In this example, I added an image of puppies to a new category called "Puppies.":
Click "Done" and your new Category is created!
How to Sort Products within a Category
Of course, creating categories and changing their icons is just the beginning. Once you have added products to a category, you can now easily sort them in whatever order you want them to appear in!
A set of basic sorts are available for each product category in your store. These include Newest, Popular, Alphabetical, and Reverse Alphabetical, Views, Comments and Likes. Select these from the dropdown within the category.
Once you have defined a custom sort, or decided on one of the basic sorts, you will have to specifically set the sort of the selected category to use one of your sorts, or to use the store's default sort.
If you don't change anything, the store's default sort is used (see below).
Many times, it is not necessary or desirable to sort each Category separately. Usually, all categories within a store contain the same sort order, be it Alphabetical, Newest, or Popular.
To set your store's default product sort order, go to your store's "Edit Content" page and select a default sort from the dropdown:
All categories that have not been set to use a specific sort will use this as the default sort. The choices are Alphabetical, Newest, or Popular.
Also, be sure to read <rn:answer_xref contents="How to Configure What Shows in Your Store" answer_id="853" />.
On Site Links & Resources
Direct links to Public Products
Click on the link that corresponds to your local Zazzle International portal to go directly to your Public Products:
- Zazzle.com (US) Public Products Page
- Zazzle.co.uk (UK) Public Products Page
- Zazzle.ca (Canada) Public Products Page
- Zazzle.com.au (Australia) Public Products Page
- Zazzle.co.nz (New Zealand) Public Products Page
Direct links to your Store's "Edit Content" page
Click on the link that corresponds to your local Zazzle International portal to go directly to your "Edit Content" page: