- What is included in a Zazzle earnings payment?
- Payment Schedule / When are payments issued?
- Adjust your Payment Settings
- How to use your earnings as store credit (to make a Zazzle purchase)
- What to do if your payment is canceled
- Important notes about payment settings and availability
What is included in an earnings payment?
Payment Schedule / When are payments issued?
Each month-long Earnings cycle is followed by 30 days of Clearance before payment of the accrued earnings can take place. After the earnings have cleared the system, they are queued for processing and are dispersed within the next 15 days.
For example: Earnings accrued in April, clear in May and are issued by the middle of June.
**For more information on how Volume Bonuses are calculated, why and when they are issued, please click the link below:
- Zazzle.com (US) Volume Bonus
- Zazzle.co.uk (UK) Volume Bonus
- Zazzle.com.au (Australia) Volume Bonus
- Zazzle.ca (Canada) Volume Bonus
- Zazzle.co.nz (New Zealand) Volume Bonus
Adjust Your Payment Settings
The options described in this section explain the various payment settings for your account, which can be adjusted on your Payment Settings page.
Choose your method of payment
- If your account is set to be paid in US Dollars, you may elect to be paid either by Check or PayPal.
- For currencies other than US Dollars, a payment through PayPal is currently the only available option.
- You may use any unpaid/cleared earnings balance within your account towards a Zazzle purchase. (more details)
Provide Your Payee & Tax Information
- Information (such as your Name, Address, Phone Number, & Email) is required by law for us to pay you.
- Accounts that do not have a valid payee name & address & required Tax Information (and/or W-8BEN) will not be processed for payment.
- All Zazzle Accounts whether personal orbusiness/entity owned are required to provide a tax ID to receive payment and/or proper tax documentation
- All separate accounts you maintain should reflect the same payee information. Variances in payee information between accounts may result in payment delays.
Set your threshold for payment (Payment Preferences)
When cleared unpaid earnings in any month reach your account's payment threshold, Zazzle will queue those cleared earnings for payment (based on the schedule listed above).
- For monthly earnings payments, the default (and lowest) payment threshold for regular payment is $50.00 for PayPal & $100.00 for payment by check.
- You may increase the payment threshold to any amount (greater than $50.00 /$100.00 respectively).
- You may choose to put your earnings payments on hold until you specify otherwise.
How to use your earnings as store credit (to make a Zazzle Purchase)
During the checkout process, you will be given the opportunity to pay with your available earnings on the "Checkout - Payment Method" page (the 3rd step in the checkout process). The words "Apply earnings balance (xx.xx)" will appear next to a check box, right above your order total if you have any cleared earnings* that are ready to be applied to a purchase. You will also see this option on the "Checkout - Review Order" page.
Please note the following eligibility requirements for utilizing earnings in this manner:
- Only Earnings accrued through the same portal that the purchase is being made through can be used in this manner. (For Example: Earnings accrued through the Zazzle.co.uk site cannot be used for purchases on the Zazzle.com site and vice versa)
- Any earnings that are currently queued for monthly payment processing (indicated by a pending status of any payment transaction in your account's Payment History report) will not be included in the available earnings balance.
What to do if your payment is cancelled
Your account's Payment History page will indicate every payment issued to you from Zazzle, and the status of any pending payments. It is important to understand the following information in order to determine why a particular month’s payment has been delayed or not issued for some reason.
An earnings payment is “Pending” once earnings have cleared and are ready to be processed for payment. This processing period will generally start around the beginning of each month (that is, at the end of the preceding month’s earnings cycle), and will last until the middle of that month, when the accounting process is finalized and payments are issued. For example, payments for March earnings will be processed in early April and paid in mid-April. At that point, the status of the transaction will be updated to “Cleared.” Please note that the date a payment is updated to “Cleared” does not represent the date when you will receive your check in the mail – mailing usually takes up to 7 business days.
Please check the following list and make sure your account(s) are set up properly for you to receive your earnings in a timely fashion. The vast majority of payment delays and processing issues are the result of missing or inconsistent payee information.
Please make certain of the following:
For US Creators/Affiliates(US citizens, US corps or US residents), please ensure that the legal name in your account(s)’ settings matches your Tax ID (SSN or EIN). There are several reasons why your legal name and Tax ID might not match what the IRS has on file, including:
- Your Legal Name is not filled out or is not correct;
- Your Tax ID is not filled out;
- A number might be mistyped in your Tax ID (SSN); or
- You forgot to change your legal name (for example, after marriage).
For non-US Creators/Affiliates, please ensure that your payee name matches the W-8BEN form that you were asked to submit in order to get paid.
- Please double check your account settings to verify that the payment method is set as you expected (PayPal or check format).
- If you intend to be paid through PayPal, please make sure your current PayPal email address has been entered correctly.
- Please make sure your current physical address is up to date.
- Please double check that you've entered the correct Tax ID number and/or you’ve submitted the correct W-8BEN.
- If you have multiple Zazzle accounts, please make sure the above information is consistent across all the accounts.
Please note that, if you make any of the above changes to your account settings after the payment processing period has started, that month’s earnings payment will be held until the following month’s payment is made. For example, if you make account changes in early April, you will not receive payment of your earnings for March in mid-April – instead, those March earnings will be paid together with your payment for April earnings (in mid-May). The timing of the payment processing period may fluctuate slightly each month.
Possible reasons for earnings being less than expected:
A payment may be less than expected if the Creator/Affiliate…
- …sold a product featuring their design to a customer who then canceled and/or received a refund for his/her order.
- …is living outside the United States and is being taxed up to 30%.
- …has used a portion of their earnings on an order that they placed and the amount is being deducted from the total.
- …has requested a payment that is under the payment threshold so that fees are deducted from the total amount.
Other reasons for cancelled payments:
Payments will not be made to an account that has been suspended due to breach of Zazzle’s User Agreement.
How the Royalty Calculator might show more than the payment you receive:
The royalty calculator is a tool to assist you in establishing the standard price of your product. The royalty shown is based on the standard price less a referral fee. The final earned royalty will be based on the purchase price which may differ due to discounts and product options chosen by the customer at the time of the purchase.
Important notes about payment settings and availability
- Payments for accounts that do not have a valid payee name, address, and tax ID (and/or W-8BEN) will not be processed.
- Accounts linked for volume bonus purposes must reflect the same payee information as the primary account for proper processing to occur. Variances in payee information between accounts may result in payment delays.
- All currencies other than US Dollars are paid only through PayPal, as Zazzle does not have the ability to print checks in foreign denominations.
- Zazzle is not responsible for any transaction, conversion or exchange fees that you may incur as a result of being paid in a non-native currency.
- Any changes to your account settings require up to a 30 day processing period and may delay payments.
- If one of your monthly payments has been cancelled, any payments for that account will continue to be held until the outstanding situation (e.g., incorrect or missing information) is resolved. When a payment is cancelled for a particular month, that payment amount is automatically rolled over and included in the following month’s payment amount, and that total amount will be paid once the account settings are complete and correct.