The Zazzle Return Policy
We want you to love your creation. If you are not satisfied for any reason with the final product, you may return your purchase for a replacement or refund within 30 days of receipt.
Please see our complete return policy for more information.
How to Return an Item
- Contact Customer Care to request a return. You must make this request within 30 days of receiving the shipment.
- Be sure to specify the reason for the return request in your message and indicate any preference for replacement (whether exchanging for an identical product or selecting an alternate style, size or color), account credit, or a refund.
- Once the topic is selected, you will be asked to select the product that you want to return.
- Use the Upload File button to proactively provide digital images of damaged* or defective products.
Since this product was crafted specifically for you, we’d love to have an image of the product so that we can ensure this return issue doesn’t continue moving forward. Please take a quick cell-phone picture of the issue (damaged package, defective product, specific design flaw, etc.). The more detail you can give us, the easier it is for us to improve the quality and experience of custom made Zazzle products in the future!
*If the package arrives damaged, please do the following:
1) Hold on to the items for 30 days
2 Take the following photos:
• Photo 1: A photo of the damaged item.
• Photo 2: A photo showing the damaged merchandise, inside the original box, with all of the original cushioning (picture should show the placement of the merchandise and packaging inside the box).
• Photo 3: A photo of the packaging material used inside the box (e.g. bubble wrap, Styrofoam peanuts, cardboard dividers, etc.).
• Photo 4: A close-up photo of the shipping label with tracking number (please zoom in enough to read the tracking number which usually begins with 1Z).
• Photo 5: A close-up photo of the box manufacturer’s certificate (BMC), if available. The BMC is a round stamp that details either the bursting strength of the box or the edge crush rating of the box. The BMC is generally found on a bottom flap on the outside of a corrugated cardboard box.
• Photo 6: Two photos displaying all 6 sides of the package (1 photo should display the top and 2 sides, the 2nd photo should display the bottom and the opposite sides).
• Photo7: Dimensions of the box including the package height, length, and width provided in the body of the email.