What is the policy for copyrighted material on Zazzle?
Zazzle respects the creative expression and intellectual property rights of everyone. We require our users to do the same. As set forth in our User Agreement, we reserve the right to remove potentially infringing content from the Zazzle Site and to terminate the accounts of users who appear to infringe upon the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others.
To assist Zazzle in protecting the intellectual property rights of others, Zazzle has appointed a Copyright Agent, who may be reached at:
c/o Zazzle Inc.
811 Sandhill Road
Reno, NV 89521
By phone: 650.872.8000
By fax: 650.872.7000
By email: email@example.com
If you are an intellectual property owner and you believe that your intellectual property has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright and/or trademark infringement, please provide a notice containing the following information to Zazzle's Copyright Agent:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Zazzle Site
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner or its agent or the law
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
On every product page, Zazzle also includes a "Report Violation" link, you may also submit the information listed above by using the Report Violation link on the page containing the allegedly infringing product.
If you are a Zazzle Designer and you believe one of your designs was removed improperly, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to Zazzle's Copyright Agent:
- Your electronic or physical signature
- A description of the design that has been removed
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that:
- you have authorization from the copyright or other intellectual property owner... or
- you otherwise have the right to post the design for use in commerce.
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Zazzle may send a copy of the counter-notice to the intellectual property owner who sent the original notice. Unless the intellectual property owner commences suit against the Zazzle Designer, Zazzle will decide, in its sole discretion, whether or not it will allow the Designer to re-post the design.