Zazzle has Standard Royalty Rates and Maximum Royalty Rates percentages for every Marketplace Product type offered. Creators of Content for Marketplace Products (“Marketplace Content”) may set their Royalty rate to be any number in between the Standard Royalty Rate and the Maximum Royalty Rate:
- Zazzle’s current Standard Royalty Rate for physical Products: five percent (5%).
- Zazzle’s current Maximum Royalty Rate for most physical Products:* ninety-nine percent (99%).
* Except Zazzle Heart Products and Value Phone cases, for which the Maximum Royalty Rate is five percent (5%).
Secondary Content: Secondary Content can be either (i) digital Content without a Product association (e.g., photography, composited illustrations created in Adobe® Illustrator® or Photoshop®) (“Images”), or (ii) simple forms of Content provided for User convenience (e.g., Text Pairings, Decorated Text, Shapes, Lines, Icons, Stickers, Simple Vector Art, Background Images, or Background Patterns (as those terms are used on the Site) (“Elements”). If a User purchases a physical Product on which they’ve incorporated Secondary Content into your Marketplace Content, then the Creator(s) of the Secondary Content shall share in the Royalty, which shall be based on Your Royalty Rate, as follows:
- Marketplace Content + Images: The Creator of the Marketplace Content receives seventy-five percent (75%) of the Royalty, and all Creator(s) of Image(s) equally split a pool of the remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of the Royalty.
- Marketplace Content + Elements: The Creator of the Marketplace Content receives fifty (50) times more of the Royalty than the Creator(s) of each of the Elements, but Creator(s) of Element(s) may collectively receive no more than ten percent (10%) of the Royalty of a physical Product.
- Marketplace Content + Images + Elements: The Creator of the Marketplace Content shall receive no less than seventy-five percent (75%) of the Royalty, so if there are both Images and Elements used in a physical Product, the remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of the Royalty will be split at a 25:1 ratio between the Creators of the Images and Elements until the ten percent (10%) Elements upper threshold is met.
- Every transaction is subject to rounding.
- User-uploaded images, elements and/or other Content do not impact the royalty calculation:
Referral Fee Table: Zazzle pays a referral percentage per Product type as well:
Zazzle may change its various rates from time-to-time, and this page will be updated to reflect such changes.
Zazzle does not make referral payments on intra-state sales (as designated by shipping address on customer order) to associates who reside in the states listed below. This list is subject to change and may be revised from time to time:
If your payment address with Zazzle is in the above state, then you will not receive referral payments for any sales within your state. For example, if your payment address is in Missouri, and you refer a sale with a shipping address that is also in Missouri, then you will not receive a referral payment.
Referral payments for sales that ship to addresses outside your state are not affected.