Zazzle Help Center

How can we help?

About Us Careers Press Policies Today's Moment Help

    Search Zazzle Help Center

    Zazzle Royalty and Referral Percentages


    Zazzle has Standard Royalty Rates and Maximum Royalty Rates percentages for every Marketplace Product type offered. Creators of Content for Marketplace Products (“Marketplace Content”) may set their Royalty rate to be any number in between the Standard Royalty Rate and the Maximum Royalty Rate:

    • Zazzle’s current Standard Royalty Rate for physical Products: five percent (5%).
    • Zazzle's current Standard Royalty Rate for Instant Downloads: fifty percent (50%).
    • Zazzle’s current Maximum Royalty Rate for Instant Downloads and most physical Products:*  ninety-nine percent (99%).

        *  Except Zazzle Heart Products and Value Phone cases, for which the Maximum Royalty Rate is five  percent (5%).

    Secondary Content

    Secondary Content can be either (i) digital Content without a Product association (e.g., photography, composited illustrations created in Adobe® Illustrator® or Photoshop®) (“Images”), or (ii) simple forms of Content provided for User convenience (e.g., Text Pairings, Decorated Text, Shapes, Lines, Icons, Stickers, Simple Vector Art, Background Images, or Background Patterns (as those terms are used on the Site) (“Elements”).  If a User purchases a physical Product or Instant Download on which they’ve incorporated Secondary Content into your Marketplace Content, then the Creator(s) of the Secondary Content shall share in the Royalty, which shall be based on Your Royalty Rate, as follows:

    • Marketplace Content + Images:  The Creator of the Marketplace Content receives seventy-five percent (75%) of the Royalty, and all Creator(s) of Image(s) equally split a pool of the remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of the Royalty.
    • Marketplace Content + Elements:  The Creator of the Marketplace Content receives fifty (50) times more of the Royalty than the Creator(s) of each of the Elements, but Creator(s) of Element(s) may collectively receive no more than ten percent (10%) of the Royalty of a physical Product or Instant Download.
    • Marketplace Content + Images + Elements:  The Creator of the Marketplace Content shall receive no less than seventy-five percent (75%) of the Royalty, so if there are both Images and Elements used in a physical Product or Instant Download, the remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of the Royalty will be split at a 25:1 ratio between the Creators of the Images and Elements until the ten percent (10%) Elements upper threshold is met.
    • Every transaction is subject to rounding.
    • User-uploaded images, elements and/or other Content do not impact the royalty calculation:


    Instant Downloads
    Creators may make their physical Products available for Instant Download where customers receive a Download License to the Content for their own personal use. Instant Downloads will be available for Content published on the Products listed below. For all Instant Downloads sales, Creators shall receive a minimum Royalty of fifty percent (50%), and may set their Name Your Own Royalty up to 99%. Royalties may be set individually, on a per-Product Basis.

    Customers have the option of purchasing physical Products-only, Instant Downloads-only, or both. If the customer purchases both the physical Product and Instant Download, this will count as two unique sales, with two different Royalty rates in your Royalty report.

    During the initial beta launch, existing content will be migrated to the set rates below if opted in.


    Referral Fees

    Referral Fee Table:  Zazzle pays a referral percentage per Product type as well:


    Zazzle may change its various rates from time-to-time, and this page will be updated to reflect such changes.

    Zazzle does not pay Referral Fees on intra-state sales (as designated by shipping address on customer order) to Associates who reside in the states listed below. This list is subject to change and may be revised from time to time:

    • Missouri

    If your payment address with Zazzle is in the above state, then you will not receive Referral Fee payments for any sales within your state. For example, if your payment address is in Missouri, and you refer a sale with a shipping address that is also in Missouri, then you will not receive a Referral Fee payment. 

    Referral Fee payments for sales that ship to addresses outside your state are not affected.