What is Product "Customization"?
When a product is posted for sale, the Designer has the option to allow buyers to customize the product or not. This parameter must be set at the time of posting and cannot be changed afterward. Leaving the product open to customization will allow customers to change the design content of the item (for their own purchase).
User customization of a Designer's products does not impact the design content of the originally posted item. It simply allows the customer to create a personalized variation of the initial design and still attributes the royalty for the sale to the original Designer.
When "Customization" is enabled, users can:
- Remove text and/or images from the design
- Alter the image size/orientation/placement (using controls provided in the design tool)
- Alter the text size/orientation/placement/color/font
- Change the layering of design elements (adjusting which is "in front of" or "behind" other elements)
- Add Text and/or images not included in the original design
"Customization" does not include:
- The ability to download or edit the original image file itself, only to adjust its usage in the design tool
- The ability to transfer designs from one product to another
If the Designer chooses to not allow customization on a design, then other users will be prohibited from customizing the product, and the "Customize" button will not appear on the product page when viewed by other users. However, the Designer that posted the design will always be able to access the design pages for products they have posted.
The term "Customization" does not refer to the available apparel types for a given design, or to the Product Style Control (which allows Designers to determine what kinds of products are available to have a design applied.) In other words, whether the Designer has enabled customization or not, customers can still change the color, style, and size of the product itself (unless it has been restricted by the Designer).